- All manuscripts received by the editors of the journal «Izvestiya Irkutskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta». Seriya «Biologiya. Ecologiya» («The Bulletin of Irkutsk State University». Series «Biology. Ecology») are compulsory to peer-review.
- The editor and the executive secretary of the series forward the manuscript for reviewing to acknowledged experts in a related scientific area (Dr.Sc. or Cand.Sc) and having articles on the subject matter of the article under review in the last 3 years.
- Period of review should not exceed two months.
- Reviewer is provided with Author guidelines and Review form where all the necessary information should be filled out.
- Reviewing is anonymous.
- The author of the paper can get the review upon his written request but without the reviewer’s signature, name, position or workplace given. Anonymity can be broken only if the reviewer agreed to contact with the author, if reviewer decides to finish off the paper during the direct contact with the author, or if the reviewer declared plagiarism or falsification of the materials in the paper.
- If the manuscript is recommended to be corrected and finalized, the executive secretary of the series sends the corresponding part to the author and suggests preparing a new version of the manuscript with the remarks considered or giving arguments in refutation. Once the manuscript revised, it is resent for reviewing.
- Each manuscript is reviewed by two experts. If the opinions of reviewers are not coincide, the manuscript will be sent to the third expert.
- Final decision about publishing of the paper is made by the Editorial Board and recorded in the minutes of meeting.
- Not accepted for publication:
a) papers, which were drawn up with gross deviations from the rules of paper design
b) papers whose authors don’t constructively respond to the critical remarks and comments of the reviewers and Editorial Board about scientific contents and technical design of the paper.
- Once the Editorial Board made the final publication decision, the executive secretary informs the author of the decision and the date of publication.
- The Editorial Board shall send a well-grounded refusal to the author if the paper is refused to publication.
- The reviews are kept in the publishing office and Editorial Board for five years and can be presented on request of Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.